4.12 Release Notes
Jul.27.2020 BY KIX_CALIBER
The 4.12 release has started rolling out to Android users and will be available to all users on Wednesday, July 29th. This release introduces the Hurricane, Ares Phase 2, August Defense Update, New Alliance Icons, and more.
- [FEATURE EVENT] August’s feature event, CONTROLLED BURN, marks the beginning of the Heavy Vehicle season where maps will favor the Heavy Vehicle meta. Earn the new Hurricane, which introduces powerful Damage Over Time technology.
- [PHASE TWO] The second phase of the Ares arrives with five new levels for the Ares, additional equipment, and much more power. Level 70 Strongholds and CC11 targets will now credit event points. In addition, level 70 & 80 stronghold respawn times have been reduced, which we hope helps to ease the target-finding process. Phase two begins Friday, August 7th.
- [DEFENSES] August Defense Update drops on Tuesday, August 4th, introducing a new level for each: Power Plant, Heavy Transformer, Transformer, Heavy Flak, Heavy Cannon, Heavy SAM, Heavy Platform.
- [Weekly Events] The rotating July events have been scheduled following the feature event, CONTROLLED BURN.
Mondays: Smash & Grab; Daily Raid
Tuesdays: Hijack; Boss Battle; Daily Raid
Wednesdays: Smash & Grab; Boss Battle continues; Daily Raid
Thursdays: Spec Ops; Daily Raid
Friday: Spec Ops continues; Daily Raid
Saturday/Sunday: Spec Ops continues; Daily Raid
- [Special Event] During the second phase of the AC-19 Ares Event, Under the Wings of Fire, five additional levels are available with five more on the way in September! Unlock and upgrade your Ares to level 10, then unlock all 20 powerful tech levels, new Mk IV equipment, and then use its new unique ability to pair its phase one’s weapons.
- [Special Event] Tis the season for destruction! Grim Winter offers a discounted prize store compared to regularly scheduled events and will begin on Thursday, July 30th @ 10am pdt.
- Continued work on performance optimizations.
- Updated the loading screen
- All audio embedded into game client
- Additional differentiation between failed purchases & canceled purchases
- Changed in-game discord link
- Fixed an issue where Ares’ Gomez Cannon may fire from incorrect slot placement.
- Fixed an issue where attack lines may not display as intended in War Zones
- Fixed an issue where tapping anywhere on “Free Crate” screen can trigger additional sounds after the crate has been opened.
- Fixed an issue where a crash may occur under rare circumstances when opening up certain menus.
- Fixed an issue where FOB units may stop mid-attack
- Fixed an issue where 2nd or 3rd War Factory or Helipad deployment wave may not spawn
- Fixed an issue where FOB deployment path may not be found under specific circumstances
- Fixed an edge case where secured thorium may be stolen
- Fixed an issue where blank box may appear instead of offer icon upon loading the game
- Fixed an issue where if a building sale is running, but resources are used on gold requirement may not be shown during building sale after more resources are used than are needed for the next upgrade
- Fixed an issue where it may be possible to join a closed alliance without an invitation under specific circumstances
- Fixed a graphical issue where Thorium capacity may overfill frame
- Fixed an issue where error may occur when Barrier is placed in a tight location then rotated.
- Fixed an issue where Spartan may be unable to damage Garage
- Fixed an issue where “Steel Plate Armor” may display as “Steel Slab” in prize stores
- Fixed an issue where URLs in announcements/newsfeed may not be opened on iOS.
- Fixed an issue where Flak Turret may be facing the incorrect direction while not firing
- Fixed an issue where helicopter texture may be missing in level 60 boss battle base, resulting in a pink helicopter
- Fixed an issue where “Promote” button may not be displayed correctly on Android
- Fixed an issue where Scimitar & Mastodon may not display secondary projectiles correctly
- Fixed an issue where Power Plant may not display texture as intended
- Fixed an issue where avatar list may be duplicated when spam-tapping the avatar list
- Fixed an issue where GBU Strike may not display crater image on map
- Fixed various minor localization issues.
- Fixed various issues in the tutorial.